According to the BBC Website:
FistedAway can exclusively reveal the contents of this dossier after Munich’s chief scout left it in Monorail Music in Glasgow, on top of their excellent selections of Can and Neu records.
- McGeady progressed from Celtic Schoolboys to join on a full-time contract at 16. On his official website he says “Full-time training is a great help“. Other things that Aiden thinks are a great help are: “breathing oxygen“, “eating food” and “taking your trousers down before going to the toilet. Always before“.
- Aiden loves the feeling of a duck-feather filled duvet over a synthetic one. It has nothing to do with his feelings for ducks, those rumours were never substantiated.
- Inside club sources revealed to me that Strachan’s fall-out with McGeady sprang from a half-time incident where the winger called his boss “a jumped-up wee ginger prick“. McGeady was not actually suspended, just sent away for two weeks to write an essay on irony.
- Aiden is banned from the Kintaline Poultry and Waterfowl Centre in Oban. Reason: unknown
- Aiden McGeady’s favourite song is Nelly’s Ride Wit Me. He even picked this on the Celtic Football Club Player’s Choice CD in the hope that fans would chant the refrain “Hey! Must be McGeady!“. But this never happened.
- Ironically, Nelly’s favourite Celtic player is Glenn Loovens, because according to the hopefully former rapper, “he looks like a bass player, yo“.
- Though born and raised in Glasgow, in 2004 McGeady controversially chose to represent the Republic of Ireland at international level. Although it was thought that this was for heritage reasons, Aiden actually refuses to go anywhere near the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden, as he is terrified of the tour guide ‘Jim’; a man for whom the innocent words “See if I can just show you this” are profanely rendered as “See fahkin’ jizzed show you this“.
- Aiden’s pockets are invariably full to the brim with stale bread, “just in case”.
- Artur Boruc had to go back on his claim that McGeady “had a face he could punch all day”, finding himself bored after 30 minutes continuous pummelling.
- Aiden McGeady’s official website has a link to buy merchandise, but when you perform a search there you get no results. This is clearly a staunch anti-capitalist stance, and I salute him for that. It is not because he just isn’t that popular. Note to Klinsi – sort the image rights now.
- Aiden’s back garden is made entirely of ponds!